Twitter Media is much more than the 280 characters that we are used to seeing in the blue bird social network. This is a particularly useful feature for journalists and editors, but all users can benefit from it to enhance their visual presence on Twitter. This Twitter tool works as a kind of unified control panel for all the visual resources on the network (videos, GIFs and images). You want to know more? Let’s see what exactly Twitter Media is and how we can use it for our brand or personal account.
What is Twitter Media?
Twitter Media (also known as Media Studio) is a platform hosted within Twitter that focuses on managing, measuring and monetizing visual content on this network (images, GIFs, videos, and live broadcasts). Within Twitter Media , you can Luxembourg Phone Number List manage your content (upload new content, organize it, and publish it to multiple accounts from one place), keep track of all your images and videos from one place, and monetize your account with video ads and sponsorships.
Media Studio replaces the page and works as a complete program with which you can access all features and functions centrally. Currently, the platform can only be accessed by invitation.
The functions of Twitter Media
Within Media Studio you can access a wide variety of functions, among which we highlight the following.
The Twitter Media library works as a centralized archive of all your content on Twitter (videos, GIFs, images and streaming). These are its most interesting features:
- Ability to upload and organize all content from a single site.
- Metadata fields (title, description and call-to-action URL) to make it easier for users to find your content.
- Content management with different roles and user permissions.
- Functions to publish and schedule tweets using visual content.
If your brand or company has several Twitter accounts, you cannot miss the analytics section, since here you can access unified analysis of all the activity. Among the available metrics are data on tweets and videos and monetization analytics for promoted videos.
You can broadcast live directly from Twitter Media thanks to its Producer function , a great option to increase the reach of your brand and connect with your followers more closely without losing professionalism. Media Studio also lets you monetize your live streams and track performance with real-time analytics.
Twitter Media offers very interesting possibilities for monetizing audiovisual content, although at the moment most of them are only available to users in the United States. The main options available to users to monetize their content are In-Stream Video Ads (pre-roll ads) and In-Stream Video Sponsorships (collaborations between publishers and advertisers).
Users outside the United States can access the Niche program to generate income by creating branded content. Niche has collaborated with Twitter since 2015 and works with 35,000 creators and major brands around the world.
How to use Twitter Media
Ready to start using Twitter Media ? Sign up for these tutorials on the platform itself to start uploading, managing and sharing content.
Upload content and tag it
- Log in to Twitter and go to studio.twitter.com
- Click the Upload button with a camera icon (at the top right of the page).
- Choose multimedia content from your computer. You can choose several files at the same time, even of different types. For videos, the maximum file size is 1 GB and the maximum resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels. Duration is limited to 2:20 (for most users), but whitelist partners can upload videos of up to 10 minutes.
- Charging will start automatically.
- Once you’ve uploaded your media, click on it from the Twitter Media library and then go to the Settings tab to modify the metadata.
- You can edit the title, description, and call-to-action URL fields. Keep in mind that the first two will only appear for people who watch the video from desktop computers.
Post content from Twitter Media
- To Tweet a media file, go to the library and click the Tweet button below the thumbnail image.
- Enter the text of the tweet (up to 280 characters) and click Tweet to post it immediately. If you want to create a tweet that does not appear in your timeline, you must select the “Promoted Only” box.
- If you’d rather schedule the tweet to appear later, click the Schedule button at the bottom of the dialog and select the date and time to post.
From Twitter Media , you can share multimedia files with a specific user. For it:
- Click the content from the library and then the Share tab .
- Enter the name of the user you want to share the file with, and then confirm it by clicking the drop-down menu.
- If you want to stop sharing content, click the delete icon next to the user’s name.
To see the content that has been shared with Phone Number List you, click the drop-down menu next to the library header (below the navigation bar) and select Shared Media Content . From there, you can manage the files shared with you and create tweets.
Add more people to your Twitter Media account
Finally, you can add more users to the same Twitter Media account to manage the visual content of a brand in a common way. Follow these instructions:
- Click on the drop-down menu next to your name (upper right corner).
- Click Edit account access and then Add access .
- Write the name of the user you want to invite and confirm it in the drop-down menu of suggestions.
- Select a role for the new user (administrator, contributor, editor, or analyzer).
- Click Save changes .