If you only have time to improve one thing about your email marketing , make it the subject of your emails! Did you know that … 47% of email recipients decide whether or not to open an email based solely on the subject, and 69% make the decision to report an email as spam based on the same criteria?
As you can see, matters are a crucial matter, worth the redundancy. You only have a few words to convince the user to stay with you, so you need to choose them well. But the good thing is that there are a series of keys that always work. Do you want to know what they are? Do not miss this article!
Examples of email marketing that work
What resources work in email marketing campaigns Vietnam Phone Number List and why? Although each brand is different, there are a number of techniques “of a lifetime” that can help you focus your campaigns and create effective subject lines for emails. Therefore, we have classified the examples into 10 categories based on the resource they use.
1) Sense of urgency / fear of loss
There is a universal psychological principle that applies to almost everyone, and that is that we find it very difficult to resist the feeling that we are missing something . Words like “urgent”, “important”, “alert” or “last minute” impact the open rate and make it easier to increase the number, according to Mailchimp.
To take advantage of it in our marketing campaigns, we can create a sense of scarcity (limited availability) or urgency (limited time). Here are some examples :
- Your subscription is about to expire.
- You have one day to see this.
- Your plan ends tonight.
- (Weekend only) Take advantage before it’s over!
- Today only: 50% discount on …
- Last chance to redeem your points.
The curiosity killed the cat … and its owner, too. An intriguing topic encourages us to open the email to find out what it is about, as when a series leaves us in the middle of suspense and we need to see the next chapter.
To pique the curiosity of your recipients, you can ask a question (and answer it within the email), promise the user something interesting or simply surprise them with a statement that is not expected. Here are some more ideas :
- Do not open this email .
- Last day to know what this email is about.
- 10 absurd habits that can make you richer.
- Is this the best career in marketing?
- What the prisoners eat.
- 7 terrible things about Christmas.
- We have a surprise gift for you!
If you can get your recipients to laugh (or at least smile), you will have a lot of cattle. The fun is a very powerful weapon communicative level.
It is difficult to generate good humor, but the moment it is achieved and the copies are creators of laughter, you will see that your open rate increases positively.
Take a look at these examples :
- Where to drink beer right now (shipped on a Wednesday at 6.45am).
- Licking your phone has never tasted so good.
- We like to be used.
- Offers we are proud of (not like our nephew Marcos).
- Yes, I’m pregnant. You can stop looking at my belly now.
- 27 people to avoid on New Years.
Another great truth of the human being is that deep down we all like to feel accepted by other people and even show off a little.
The vanity is one of the 7 deadly sins and is worth playing occasionally with this capitalicio concept to generate more aperturar between our emails .
See how these campaigns use this resource to improve their open rates:
- Don’t wear last year’s fashion.
- The sweatpants that make you great ass.
- Inspirational gifts for stylish riders.
- The makeup of the celebrities.
- Do you want to improve yourself this year?
Another cardinal sin in which we all fall a little … at least when it comes to taking advantage of a good discount is greed .
Offers and special promotions are a great idea to increase your open rate, but beware: if the discount is too excessive , its effect decreases because users do not believe it is real, according to an Adestra study.
Some examples of issues that contain a bit of greed :
- eye! Flash deals.
- A new product that you will not be able to do without.
- 25% discount on your favorite jeans.
- 2 for 1 at Valentine’s dinners.
- A bit of luxury at a great price.
- We give away an eyeliner with all your purchases.
Another very common cardinal sin: we love to save ourselves work. Blessed be laziness and may the rest of the world solve our problems for us .
Since the lack of time is one of our great burdens, shortcuts and ease are a very useful hook for the subjects of your emails.
These are examples of emails that make life easier for the recipient:
- 5-point checklist to create the ultimate landing page.
- Hacks to grow your database faster.
- How to send effective emails to busy people.
- Ready-to-use email templates.
- 100 easy ideas for writing blog articles.
7) Problems and challenges
If you really know your buyer persona (and if not, it’s already taking time!) You know what are the challenges they face every day. If your email marketing focuses on solving these problems, they will have many points to open your emails.
For example :
- How to organize an inexpensive Christmas meal.
- Get more space in your kitchen.
- If you haven’t won the lottery …
- How to survive your next night flight.
- Stop wasting time on unproductive tasks.
- Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day.
The retargeting is an essential part of email marketing strategy . The idea is to send emails to users who have abandoned the conversion process before completing an action (for example, they have selected items for their cart but have not completed the payment ).
These examples are aimed at these types of users to encourage them to keep going:
- Have you forgotten something? Here you have a 20% discount.
- The price of the product you are interested in has dropped.
- Have you missed these new offers?
- Your XX account is waiting for you.
According to a 2015 Experian study , including the name in the subject of emails increases the open rate by 29.3% on average in all sectors.
And this is just the beginning: the more personalized your emails are, the easier it will be to achieve their goals.
Let’s see some examples :
- Do we pick you up at 7?
- Marta, take a look at these discounts for yourself.
- Happy Birthday! Open to see your gift.
- Jose, do you remember me?
- Thanks for helping us.
- Miguel, here are the results of your test.
10) Straight to the point
Sometimes the simplest is also the most effective.
Although it may seem that a short and simple Phone Number List matter is boring, the conversion rates can be really high. The key is to cut through the chit-chat and deliver real value. These are three examples of real campaigns:
- Yes, this is an email to collect donations.
- The best coat ever.
3 top tricks to improve your affairs
1) Optimize for mobile
Whatever technique you use, you need the subject of your email to be optimized for mobile users … and today, most emails are opened from these types of devices. According to the US Consumer Device Preference Report from MovableInk , 66% of emails in the United States are opened from mobile phones or tablets.
Therefore, to ensure that you provide a good experience for all your ads, you will have to apply that “good, if short, twice good” thing to yourself. To be 100% sure that the subject is seen correctly on all types of mobiles, you can use email marketing tools such as Zurb’s TestSubject , which shows a preview of your email on different devices.
2) be original
If your subscribers have the impression of receiving the same newsletter over and over again, they will feel demotivated and your open rate will drop. In fact, according to OptinMoster data , original cases have an open ratio of 15.79%, compared to 14.65% for repeat cases. Therefore, if you want to keep your subscribers interested, you will have to constantly put the batteries to avoid repeating the same formulas.
3) Try emojis
According to an Experian report, using emojis in your business can increase your open rate by up to 45%.
Here are the 15 emojis that the public likes the most.
It is a very simple, but very effective resource to reinforce your message and stand out in the recipient’s mailbox. In addition, it helps to humanize your brand and communicate with users from you to you.
Here is the infographic that the Cyberclick team has made to complete the article.a
Extra bonus: keywords for your email marketing
I hope the examples and tricks above have inspired you to create your own ultra-effective affairs.
But in case you need more ideas, we are going to review the most effective keywords in email marketing campaigns, according to studies by Alchemy Worx , Digital Marketer, Adestra and Smart Insights .
- Coming soon
- Get now
- One day left
- Free shipping
- Order today
- We present
- Get your
- Your next order
- Great discounts
And although they are not exactly words, other proven resources are numbers (eg “7 tricks for …” or “50% discount”), questions, mini titles separated by bars (eg . “Title 1 | Title 2 | Title 3”) and the ellipsis at the end.