Selling more online is one of the great aspirations of all marketers but the competition can get very tough. When the user has thousands and thousands of products just one click away, how can you differentiate your brand and stand out? Well, one of the keys to the answer is in the techniques that you include in your sales plan . These tools help you present the product in a more attractive way, reach the audience you are looking for and make it very easy for your customers to buy again and again. Let’s see how to do it!
10 infallible sales techniques to sell online
1) Know your buyer persona
An essential basic: to reach your ideal customers, you first need to know who they are. Creating a buyer persona is an essential sales technique and should be one of the first steps in developing your brand’s marketing strategy. But if you don’t have one yet, it’s never too late to get your team together and get to work.
A good buyer persona should include at least the following information:
- Who is it? Information about the general demographic profile of the client, job, family situation, identifiers (personality, how you prefer to be contacted …).
- How can your company help you? Your primary and secondary goals and challenges.
- ¿ Why? What are their motivations when choosing your products and services.
- How are you going to get to it? Marketing and sales messages.
If you already have an active brand website, a very useful hack to start developing your buyer persona is to consult the information that Google Analytics offers about your visitors. Here you can find out their age, the gender they identify with, their main interests and the user profiles that convert the most.
2) Optimize your online store
Within an online sales plan, we can accommodate different channels, such as dealer stores or Amazon-like sites . But investing in your own online store gives you direct contact with customers and allows you to obtain a lot of valuable information about them. For your Venezuela Phone Number List ecommerce to be successful, you will need it to be well designed and optimized. An uncomfortable page, that takes time to load, with unclear information … will have a very negative impact on your conversions. In the same way, a site where the user can clearly find what they are looking for and buy in a few clicks will multiply the conversion rate.
Therefore, in order not to waste the qualified traffic that reaches your store, my recommendation is that you take these key aspects into account:
- Phones accessibility from s . Years ago, it was said that users used the mobile to consult information and the computer to buy, but this is no longer the case. Today, we are making more and more purchases directly from mobile phones. To generate a good experience on all devices, it is necessary for the web to have a 100% responsive design and load times as short as possible.
- User experience (UX) . This discipline is responsible for generating positive feelings when interacting with a system (in this case, your website) and optimizing processes (for example, subscription or purchase). These types of experiences not only improve conversion rates, but are also part of your brand image.
- SEO and SEM . If you want to sell more online, the first thing is that users find you easily, so search engine advertising (both organic and paid) is your ally.
3) Create differentiated landing pages
The landing pages or landing pages are the hub of all the techniques of online sales, as they are the place to which we seek to direct qualified traffic to convert, for example, through an advertising campaign search engine or Social Ads. To create effective landing pages, the first step is to find a structure that works. In general, the simpler and clearer a landing page is and the clearer it is who it is targeting, the better. Therefore, I recommend investing in creating a separate landing page for each of your flagship products, or at most, a page for each range of related products. In this way, it will be much easier for you to analyze what is happening and understand how to optimize your online marketing.
4) Make it very easy for your customers
As you already know, users are used to getting what they want with just a few clicks. If our buying process presents a problem, it is very easy for them to abandon us and go to the competition. So that this does not happen to you, pay close attention to these points:
- The buying process . In general, the fewer clicks the better, but always offering the user the information they need at every step. A star example of the sector is Amazon, which has designed a system with which users can buy a product with a single click … and resisting is more difficult than ever.
- The available payment methods s. Think that each user has their own preferences in this regard, so you need to have all the bases covered: credit cards, PayPal, transfer or even cash on delivery.
- The additional charges . Nothing angers a user as much as going to pay for a purchase online and realizing that the price is higher than he thought. If you are going to apply extra charges to the price of a product, always indicate it as clearly as possible.
- Shipping costs . Whenever possible, shipping should be free.
- The return policy . Here, one of the industry leaders is ASOS, which offers the ability to make free returns (no need to state a specific reason) for 28 days after receiving the order. Whatever the conditions, it is always important to make them very clear and to fulfill what is promised.
- The delivery dates . Clearly indicate when the order should arrive at the customer’s home … and make sure it is fulfilled without fail!
5) Take care of your image
They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, and nowhere is that more true than in online sales. Since users will not be able to see, touch or try on your product, it is necessary to give them as much visual information as possible. The basic thing is to have clear photographs of the product from different angles, making sure that they fit with the general aesthetics of the web. If you want to go further, 3D-like videos and product use demos can be a great help in convincing potential buyers.
6) Provides added value
To stand out from the competition, you need to add something extra to your products and services, and one of the best ways to do that is through content creation. Creating content related to your brand will help you increase the visibility and SEO positioning of your website, in addition to positioning yourself as an expert in the market. One of the most typical and effective ways to do it is through a brand blog, whose content can be disseminated through different social channels. To be successful, sign up these two tricks:
- Make a content plan . Like any other sales technique, your blog must respond to the general objectives of the company and have a well-thought-out strategy behind it. Therefore, before jumping into the pool, you need to have a content plan that includes the frequency and type of publications and even a calendar.
- Switch between different formats . Videos, infographics, downloadable, image galleries … there are many options that go beyond simple written text posts. Make sure to include a variety of formats in your content plan and discuss which ones work best with your audience.
7) use social proof
The WOM is one of the most effective sales techniques of yesterday and today. In a natural way, we tend to trust other users more than the brands themselves, so recommendations play a very important role when selling online. When designing your website, there are two basic techniques you can implement to reinforce social proof:
- Include clearly visible share buttons . In this way, you will encourage users to post your content (or even your products) on their social networks, which will naturally attract more visits.
- Add testimonials and recommendations to your website . Seeing other people’s stories helps visitors better connect with your products and services and see how they might help them in practice. In the case of B2B marketing, you can also include the logos of brands that have already trusted you.
8) Harness the power of email marketing
The email marketing is a classic online sales plans and continues to demonstrate its effectiveness year after year. Email offers you a direct and personal way to Phone Number List communicate with your audience, which can be adapted to different strategies and moments in the buying cycle. Take note of these tips to get started:
- Segment your database. As part of your recruitment strategy, you should make sure you have at least the basic data of your subscribers. From there, you can use their behavior to further expand the information about their interests and personalize communications as much as possible.
- Be responsive . As with your website, it is necessary that your emails can be viewed from all types of devices. Some of them will be able to show the latest interactive elements, while in others you need to have a version B based on text and images to ensure that the message arrives.
- Design different user journeys through email marketing . For example, once the user subscribes, you will have to welcome them and send them the first presentation content. If you have already made a purchase, you can go on a journey to build loyalty. Ultimately, it’s about understanding where you are in order to offer you a tour that makes sense.
9) use social ads to promote your brand
Social ads are an excellent platform to implement many sales techniques: attracting subscribers, downloading an application, remarketing or even displaying a personalized product catalog. Another of its advantages is that they have a lot of segmentation options that you cannot find on other platforms. Since social networks have a large amount of information about users, you can take advantage of it to launch very specific campaigns, for example “men from this area who have had a child in the last year.
If we combine the power of segmentation with the many formats and types of campaign , we see that this type of advertising allows us to reinforce our online sales with maximum precision.
10) Create a sense of urgency
Another of the great classic marketing tricks: notify the user that they only have a limited time to take advantage of a specific offer, or that stocks are limited. Thus, the visitor feels the impulse to take advantage as soon as possible. If you decide to use this resource, my recommendation is that you display the limited offers prominently on the home page of the website and in your advertising campaigns on social networks and search engines. It is also a very good idea to create a specific landing page for each of the offers.